East West International (“EWIT”) is incorporated as an IBC under BOI. It hosts the Global Headquarter activities, handles all Group intercompany transactions as well as direct sales to countries where EWS has no direct representation.
Reporting to the CFO, he/she will be a key business partner to all Group Functional Managers by providing key information about the performance of their functional areas worldwide as well as advising and guidance on necessary actions to improve productivity and efficiency. He/she will also lead the coordination of intercompany transactions with Country Finance Managers in 12 different countries, strongly supported by Global and Local Supply Chain teams.
As EWS undertakes its systems transformation journey (implementation of Microsoft Dynamics D365 in Thailand and later to be deployed to all EWS subsidiaries), the EWIT FM will lead the Finance stream (GL, FA, Budget, Cash, Reporting) - Other streams (O2C, P2P) are handled by other dedicated individuals.
Supported by a team of 5 subordinates, he/she will direct and manage the financial activities involving analytical and management financial reporting, budgeting and planning, analysis, treasury management, tax management and compliance of statutory reports.
The EWIT Finance Controller is fully supported by the Group Finance team in various areas (tax, treasury, financial control, business control…). Consolidation activities are performed by Group Finance team
The Finance Controller has to ensure strict compliance and adherence to process and controls set by the Group Finance. As a team leader, he/she will be responsible for building and developing a team of competent and engaged individuals who are able to deliver their best.
Tasks and responsibilities include :
Financial Strategy Development
- Together with CFO, leads the development and implementation of an overall financial strategy to ensure the achievement of financial targets and overall profitability of the company. Anticipates issues, challenges, and opportunities and ensures alignment with Group Finance’s objectives.
- Be a key business partner to all Group Functional Managers and help them to achieve better control over their areas of responsibility.
- Together with Group Tax Manager, develop more efficient processes to handle intercompany transactions for trade and service.
- Oversee the overall management of finance, accounting and treasury
- Ensures all financial reports are completed with accuracy and submitted in a timely manner for consolidation by Group Finance and in compliance with local statutory requirements
- Reviews and analyzes financial reports. Ensures that financial data/information is provided to management with recommendations for management decisions and actions
- Support and lead functional OPEX consolidation worldwide on multiple functions
- Monitor and analyse business/trading performance across multiple countries
- Be a partner of trading team for intercompany and direct sales
Financial Policies, Process and Controls Management
- Leads and coordinates the development and implementation of financial policies, processes and guidelines across the business to ensure the company comply with regulations and good financial and accounting practices
- Liaise with other functional areas to ensure proper respect of and adherence to accounting processes in other business areas (sales, logistics, production…)
- Manages the overall performance of the team by ensuring that team and individual KPIs are clearly defined at the start of the year, aligned with key stakeholders, measured and monitored at the end of the year
- Provides regular performance feedback and coaching to team members to ensure they successfully meet performance expectations
- Builds and develops the team’s capability by assessing and identifying competency gaps and recommending appropriate development interventions
- Improves the talent bench strength by identifying and developing potential successors to critical and leadership positions
- Uses the available HR programs, processes and tools to continuously engage the team
Are we looking for you?
- University graduate with Business/ Accounting/Finance as major (CPA or CFA is clearly a plus)
- Extensive experience in country finance leadership role in a multinational company (minimum 10 years)
- Extensive knowledge of management reporting and intercompany transactions
- Fully at ease dealing with different cultures/countries and “C” level managers