East-West Seed Knowledge Transfer is offering a 2 to 3 months internship for graphic designers.
In many countries, the potential of smallholder farmers continues to be constrained by:
- limited access to knowledge
- weak linkages to the value chain
- poor supply of improved seeds and other agri-inputs
In this challenging environment, East-West Seed recognizes the need to improve skills as a precondition for developing new markets.
East-West Seed Knowledge Transfer (EWS-KT) works hand-in-hand as part of the company; showcasing profitable and sustainable farm practices in areas which would otherwise be of limited interest to many seed companies.
EWS-KT is presently active in Bangladesh, Cambodia, India, Indonesia, Myanmar, The Philippines, Thailand, Tanzania, Uganda and Nigeria where the company seeks to grow new markets.
The goal of EWS-KT is to make vegetable production more profitable for farmers by equipping them with the tools they need to succeed: better knowledge and better agri-inputs. This can drive farmers’ demand for higher quality agri inputs and create new markets for input suppliers. In the long run, this improves the availability and quality of vegetables in the market.
The development of competitive agri-input markets ensures that farmers have access to the innovative products they need to increase productivity. With good production knowledge and access to the right inputs, farmers can produce higher yields, better quality, increased varieties, and safer to eat vegetables. This leads to significant income gains for smallholder farmers supplying local markets as well as increased consumption for families growing on smaller plots of Land.
Tasks and responsibilities include :
- Participate in the development of extension materials for farmers in different countries and languages
- Develop flyers to share information to farmers on choosing, using phones to access information
- Support creation of illustrations for improved techniques
- Support creation of animations and cartooning to share knowledge to farmers
- Support digitalisation of existing materials to share via different media
Are we looking for you?
- Ability to start immediately
- Good command of English (written and spoken)
- Ability to work closely with colleagues from different countries
- Experience in design and editing software